Psalm 37 says:
“Do not fret because of those who are evil or be envious of those who do wrong; for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die away.” v1&2
So if these die, what remains? What is permanent?
Looking at the rest of the Psalm gives hints towards what will not die.
- “Trust in the Lord and do good” v3
- “Take delight in the Lord” v4
- “Commit your way to the Lord” v5
- “Be still before the Lord” v7
- “do not fret” v8
- “give generously” v21
- “utter wisdom” v30
- “Hope in the Lord and keep his way” v34
I think that the gospels help us to see this in practice…
How do you act on what is permanent in your life?